Monday, June 13, 2011

Take me out to the ballpark

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by the president of the local baseball league to repaint the signs surrounding the field, as the previous sign.painter was retiring for medical reasons.

Today I finished the first of these signs, only 14 more to go :)

the signs are 8ft tall by 12ft long on average, a few are bigger and there are a couple that are smaller.

They are in very rough condition and require scraping and priming prior to any painting

This sign is typical of the condition of most of the signs, this sign is not yet on the list. One I will be painting is next to this one.

This one gets painted tomorrow with a few changes.


This is what I faced this morning after prepping last Thursday.


And this was two hours later double coated and ready for a few more years service

1 comment:

  1. A very smart sign man once told me if you want a painted sign to last, you have to wax it regularly... That man was Jon Peterman... Guess the baseball team didn't hear that one huh?

    ReplyDelete