Monday, June 13, 2011

a little (more) Bigfoot

Last week I got a call from the Bear Hotel. They needed one more thing done, Bob Eding needed some lettering done for a new way finding art piece to direct people to the Intergalactic Headquarters of Bigfoot.

The crew at the Bear Hotel made a 6 by 12 ft foot to be mounted on a pedestal weighing 1700lbs that will be located in downtown Grants Pass.

So last Wed I went in armed with a cut vinyl mask and applied it to the styro foam that we would mount to the structure. After applying the mask we loaded a spray bottle with lacquer thinner and misted over the whole thing to get a raised letter as the lacquer thinner melts the foam



I left Bob to finish carving and mounting the foam to the frame.



I went in today to finish painting as Bob was at his son's graduation


The monument should be in place tomorrow, I'll swing by and get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment